Become a Community Partner
Community Partners are key in building state-wide relationships that will increase nominations and support of the awards program throughout the State of Michigan. These partnerships will ensure that communities are engaged and increase the opportunities for local companies to be recognized as a Michigan Celebrates Small Business award recipient. This partnership will also build support for local and regional celebrations of winners.
Who can be a Community Partner?
- Non-profit business organizations, agencies & associations; such as Chambers of Commerce, Economic Development Organizations, etc.
- Not for profit education organizations, such as Community Colleges, State Colleges, Universities
- Local Governments
- State Government Agencies
- Federal Government Agencies
Why become a Community Partner?
- You’ll be connected to a statewide program that recognizes second-stage growth companies from all industries and sectors statewide.
- You’ll raise your profile statewide through a reputable and highly successful program.
- Your partnership creates opportunities for your members — regardless of industry, geographical region or sector — by nominating them and thereby increasing the opportunity for winners to be selected among your audience.
Community Partners agree to do the following:
- Put the Michigan Celebrates Small Business logo on your website with a brief description and link. MCSB will provide logo and description.
- Send introductory email to your membership regarding the Michigan Celebrates Small Business program. MCSB will provide draft communications for you to use and customize.
- Update your Calendar of Events with Michigan Celebrates Small Business key dates; nomination dates and event date.
- Provide ongoing MCSB program news to your membership:
- Nominations deadlines
- Award recipients information(statewide recipients or local recipients)
- Any other program announcements and updates, e.g., alumni news, sponsorship opportunities, event ticket sales, etc.
In return, Michigan Celebrates Small Business agrees to do the following for you:
- List your organization’s logo as a partner on the “Community Partners” page of the Michigan Celebrates Small Business website.
- List your organization as partner of Michigan Celebrates Small Business on relevant promotional materials that provide a listing of Michigan Celebrates Small Business partners, including the event program.
- You will receive 20% off the price of registration for the awards dinner.
Get Started Today! Send the following information to email@example.com:
- Organization point of contact and applicable contact information (i.e., name, phone number, email).
- Organization name you’d like to use in promotional materials.
- Electronic file of your logo (EPS format if possible).
It’s that easy.
Please contact Jennifer Deamud for more information:
Jennifer Deamud, Associate State Director
Michigan Small Business Development Center
Managing partner of Michigan Celebrates Small Business
1034 L. William Seidman Center | 50 Front Avenue SW
Grand Rapids, MI 49504